Brick & Liquor
Bar in Tooting
Brick & Liquor bar in Tooting bases its concept on a neighbourhood bar where customers chat to the staff and become ‘locals’. It reminded me of a couple of bars I had visited in New York – small, homely and cosy.
The cocktails are inventive with tongue in cheek pun like names. I loved the cocktail graph in the menu where you can choose your cocktail based on “refreshing”, “strong”, “adventurous” and “comforting”. It was good to be given a little bit of guidance given we were not familiar with all of the ingredients!
We chose the following cocktails:
- CAPULET’S GARDEN – The Brick & Liquor Bellini: Homemade apple & elderflower purée with Treviso Spumante Prosecco
- GREEN TI PUNCH – Clement Amber agricole rum, lime juice & homemade green tea sugar syrup
- DILL OR NO DILL – Beefeater gin, cucumber, dill, sea salt, lemon juice & elderflower cordial
- MEXICAN WAVE – Olmeca Altos Plata tequila, Disaronno, lime juice, grapefruit juice & Crème de Muir
- CLOVER CLUB – Vanilla-infused Beefeater gin, lemon juice, egg white & homemade raspberry syrup
We had a few nibbles to accompany the cocktails with the focus on sharing plates (my kind of place!) My friends had the vegetarian platter with grilled halloumi and tomato skewers, olives and the infamous scotch egg served with homemade focaccia, homous & smoked paprika mayonnaise. They were absolutely delighted with it and commented how full they were after!
As a meat eater, I chose the teriyaki steak skewers, pork belly bites and chorizo and mozzarella arancini. Small plates are £6 or large plates are £10 – the arancini was our favourite.
The staff were extremely friendly & helpful, and they were knowledgeable and passionate about Brick & Liquor.
I can see Brick & Liquor bar in Tooting. becoming popular quickly. With only around 40 covers, book a table before they go! They also hold a wine tasting on Wednesdays and a cocktail club on Thursdays.
East London Girl: Brick and Liquor
Click Here for other bars in South London