Restaurant Meal Kits
Lockdown is upon us again so I have updated my London Lockdown DIY Meal Kits to give you something to get excited about! Get great food delivered and support a local business through this difficult period.
The following companies have set up as a ‘one stop shop’ for London meal kits which is super handy:
Just choose your meal kit, delivery date and enjoy.
I have included DIY Burger kits, DIY Italian kits and other awesome DIY meal kit options below.
DIY Burger Kits
Shop bought burgers just aren’t the same are they!? We are spoilt with the quality of burgers in London. Whilst some are still available for delivery, why not have a bit of fun and cook them at home with a DIY burger kit.
- Burger and Beyond feature in my best burgers in London post and now you can order their DIY kits for delivery nationwide. A DIY kit containing ingredients for four Bacon Butter Burgers is £25 plus delivery.
- Cheeky Burger are selling their DIY burger kit in London. You get a kit to make your own Cheeky Elvis burger (x4) with patties, bacon, cheese and their homemade sauces. For dessert they are also selling Dark Chocolate and Maldon Sea Salt cookie dough! £25 plus delivery.
- Nanny Bills offering Dalston Dip and Bacon Double Cheeseburger Kits (x4) delivering Nationwide. £30 plus delivery.
- Truffle London Choose between Truffle Burger and Aged Beef Burger kits (x4) with an option to swap the meat patties or Beyond Meat patties. You can also order Truffle Mac and Cheese on the side! £25 plus delivery which is available nationwide.
- Honest Burgers are offering burgers kits from £15 for 2 burgers with all the ingredients to make Honest at home. It even includes rosemary salt to add to your fries at home! Nationwide delivery available.
- Vurger and Co offering UK wide delivery of their Vurger Meal Kit with 2 Beyond burger patties and all the accompaniments for £18.95 plus delivery.
- Mac and Wild Offering something a bit different with their Veni-Moo DIY Kit which includes a step by step recipe card and video link to watch owner, Andy Waugh, make it! £28 plus delivery.
- Le Swine not quite a burger but close enough, Le Swine are offering DIY kits of their epic bacon butty for 2 or 4 people. They are even including a free bacon butty voucher for when they are back open in Spitalfields!
Italian DIY kits / Survival kits
- Pizza Pilgrims available Nationwide is the frying pan pizza kit which makes 2 margarita pizzas which you can top how you like. There are cooking instructions and a step by step video. £15 plus delivery.
- Pasta Evangelists offered restaurant quality pasta at home before lockdown and continue to do so. Each recipe includes freshly made pasta, an authentic sauce & delicious garnish. They also offer discounts at various times so keep an eye out!
- Passo To Go are offering pizza and pasta DIY kits nationwide from £14 plus delivery. I recommend the spiced salami pizza!
- Pasta Remoli offering homemade pasta, sauces and cheeses and other delicious Italian products delivered to your door within the M25.
- La Mia Mamma are offering ‘pacco di mamma’ (mamma’s package) available in different sizes filled with different types of Italian goods, both to be cooked and ready-to-eat (or to freeze).
- Strazzanti are selling recipe parcels, fresh produce from their deli and bakery and have various gift ideas available.
- Eat Italiano not quite a DIY / survival kit but they have a huge range of very reasonably priced and delicious Italian produce. This includes pasta & condiments, oils and sauces, charcuterie, cheese and desserts starting from just £1.
Other Awesome DIY Meal Kits
- Dishoom are offering their bacon naan roll kit for delivery. I was SO chuffed when they announced this. The kit includes smoked streaky bacon, three naan doughballs (enough for two plus a spare for experimentation), tomato-chilli jam, fresh coriander and cream cheese as well as loose-leaf Darjeeling tea, chai spices and fresh ginger slices for brewing Masala Chai. Nationwide delivery available for £16 plus delivery fee.
Hawksmoor is my favourite steak restaurant in London and now have launched Hawksmoor at Home. It is pricier than the DIY kits above but it is SO worth it. The quality of the meat is incredible and you can mix and match with / without alcohol. If you love steak, you will be drooling over this. Prices start from £85.
Shoryu are offering DIY ramen kits with all the ingredients to make their signature ramen (£20+). This includes 600ml Shoryu signature 12-hour tonkotsu soup stock, Original ramen noodles, Char siu bbq pork belly, Beni shoga red ginger, Spring onion and Kikurage mushrooms. There is also a vegan version available.
Bao is renowned for its delicious bao buns. The Classic BAO Made-by-you Kit box contains 6 x BAOs, 12hr braised pork, coriander, fermented mustard greens and peanut powder for only £20. One of my favourite kits.
Gunpowder is one of my favourite restaurants in London offering delicious Indian cuisine. They have three DIY kits on offer: BBQ Pork Ribs Vindaloo, Kashmiri Lamb Chop and Tandoori Chicken which are available from £30.
East London Girl: London Lockdown DIY Meal Kits
Click here for East London Restaurant Deliveries in Lockdown!