Restaurant DIY Meal Kits
Lockdown is upon us again so I have updated my London Restaurant DIY Meal Kits to give you something to get excited about! Get great food delivered and support a local business through this difficult period.
The following companies have set up as a ‘one stop shop’ for London meal kits which is super handy:
Just choose your meal kit, delivery date and enjoy.
I have included DIY Burger kits, DIY Italian kits and other awesome DIY meal kit options below.
DIY Burger Kits
Shop bought burgers just aren’t the same are they!? We are spoilt with the quality of burgers in London. Whilst some are still available for delivery, why not have a bit of fun and cook them at home with a DIY burger kit.
- Bleecker Burger has been my favourite burger in London for years. Their nationwide delivery kits (beef and vegan burgers) are available via Great Food2U which is extremely exciting! You can get 4 double cheeseburgers with their sauce and seasoning are available for £30 plus delivery.
- Burger and Beyond feature in my best burgers in London post and now you can order their DIY kits for delivery nationwide. A DIY kit containing ingredients for four Bacon Butter Burgers is £25 plus delivery.
- Zephyr Burgers were famous for their burgers in Peckham. They are now offering 4 double cheeseburgers / chilli burgers for £25 plus delivery. Great value as that is two sittings for me. The kit contains 2 x 500g aged beef burger blend, American cheese slices, buns, large house sauce, sliced jalapeno chillis and pink onions.
More London Burger DIY kits!
ShakeShack – well it’s pretty exciting that such a popular worldwide burger is now available at home. You can get 4 fresh patties (100% all-natural Aberdeen Angus beef), 4 slices of American cheese, 4 potato buns, Shake Shack custom sauce and salad for £25 plus delivery.
- Cheeky Burger are selling their DIY burger kit in London. You get a kit to make your own Cheeky Elvis burger (x4) with patties, bacon, cheese and their homemade sauces. For dessert they are also selling Dark Chocolate and Maldon Sea Salt cookie dough! £25 plus delivery.
- Nanny Bills offering Dalston Dip and Bacon Double Cheeseburger Kits (x4) delivering Nationwide. £30 plus delivery.
- Truffle London Choose between Truffle Burger and Aged Beef Burger kits (x4) with an option to swap the meat patties or Beyond Meat patties. You can also order Truffle Mac and Cheese on the side! £25 plus delivery which is available nationwide.
- Honest Burgers are offering burgers kits from £15 for 2 burgers with all the ingredients to make Honest at home. It even includes rosemary salt to add to your fries at home! Nationwide delivery available.
- Vurger and Co offering UK wide delivery of their Vurger Meal Kit with 2 Beyond burger patties and all the accompaniments for £18.95 plus delivery.
- Mac and Wild Offering something a bit different with their Veni-Moo DIY Kit which includes a step by step recipe card and video link to watch owner, Andy Waugh, make it! £28 plus delivery.
- Le Swine not quite a burger but close enough, Le Swine are offering DIY kits of their epic bacon butty for 2 or 4 people. They are even including a free bacon butty voucher for when they are back open in Spitalfields!
Italian DIY kits
- Scarpetta have three restaurants in London and have now launched their pasta at home kits. They have a wide range of choices including Cacio e Pepe, Rigatoni Carbonara and Pumpkin & Truffle Tortelloni as well as a handful of starters, desserts and cocktails. Very impressive quality of pasta and decent portion size.
- Pizza Pilgrims available Nationwide is the frying pan pizza kit which makes 2 margarita pizzas which you can top how you like. There are cooking instructions and a step by step video. £15 plus delivery.
- Pasta Evangelists offered restaurant quality pasta at home before lockdown and continue to do so. Each recipe includes freshly made pasta, an authentic sauce & delicious garnish. They also offer discounts at various times so keep an eye out!
- Passo To Go are offering pizza and pasta DIY kits nationwide from £14 plus delivery. I recommend the spiced salami pizza!
- Pasta Remoli offering homemade pasta, sauces and cheeses and other delicious Italian products delivered to your door within the M25.
- La Mia Mamma are offering ‘pacco di mamma’ (mamma’s package) available in different sizes filled with different types of Italian goods, both to be cooked and ready-to-eat (or to freeze).
- Strazzanti are selling recipe parcels, fresh produce from their deli and bakery and have various gift ideas available.
- Eat Italiano not quite a DIY kit but they have a huge range of very reasonably priced and delicious Italian produce. This includes pasta & condiments, oils and sauces, charcuterie, cheese and desserts starting from just £1.
Other Awesome London Restaurant DIY Meal Kits
- Dishoom are offering their bacon naan roll kit for delivery. I was SO chuffed when they announced this. The kit includes smoked streaky bacon, three naan doughballs (enough for two plus a spare for experimentation), tomato-chilli jam, fresh coriander and cream cheese as well as loose-leaf Darjeeling tea, chai spices and fresh ginger slices for brewing Masala Chai. Nationwide delivery available for £16 plus delivery fee.
Hawksmoor is my favourite steak restaurant in London and now have launched Hawksmoor at Home. It is pricier than the DIY kits above but it is SO worth it. The quality of the meat is incredible and you can mix and match with / without alcohol. If you love steak, you will be drooling over this. Prices start from £85.
Kricket is a popular Indian restaurant in Soho that is now offering DIY kits via Restaurant Kits. The kit for four people (£38) includes Tandoori free range chicken in a rich buttery makhani sauce garnished with fenugreek and ginger. It is also served with burnt garlic tarka dal, fhee pilau rice, black pepper papads & mango chutney. Extremely generous portions which can easily feed 4 and actually 6 if you added a bit of your own chicken to the leftover sauce.
More DIY kits…
Breddos Tacos have teamed up with Yorkshire based butchers, Swaledale, to bring an epic tacos at home kit. A kit for 2 contains Carne Asada, Mexican chorizo roja, Pollo al Pastor, 15 corn tortillas, salsa habanero, garlic crema, chile de arbol salsa, fresh coriander, corn on the cob , DIY guacamole and corn chips. Made two portions for us (dinner and a smaller lunch) for only £33 plus delivery.
Shoryu are offering DIY ramen kits with all the ingredients to make their signature ramen (£20+). This includes 600ml Shoryu signature 12-hour tonkotsu soup stock, Original ramen noodles, Char siu bbq pork belly, Beni shoga red ginger, Spring onion and Kikurage mushrooms. There is also a vegan version available.
Cubbit House is a small group of pubs around London. They are now offering Sunday roast kits as well as pub classics. Their Vegan Root Vegetable & Pine Nut Wellington (prepared and ready to cook) was fantastic. The accompaniments of Roast potatoes, Parsnips , Roasted carrots in thyme, Tenderstem broccoli and gravy were equally impressive. You can add award winning cocktails to your order too!
Bao is renowned for its delicious bao buns. The Classic BAO Made-by-you Kit box contains 6 x BAOs, 12hr braised pork, coriander, fermented mustard greens and peanut powder for only £20. One of my favourite kits.
Scrumplings DIY kits are available for nationwide delivery. This made my week as I crave dumplings frequently but can’t bring myself to make them from scratch! You choose your dough (Gluten or GF), your filling (pork & garlic, prawn & ginger, aubergine & miso, chicken & ginger or swiss chard & mushrooms), your sauce (chefs special, tamari & black vinegar, chilli sauce or soy & garlic) plus toppings (peanuts, crispy onions, sesame seeds and spring onions. They are fun to make and SO tasty! £12.50 for 12 dumplings plus delivery and discounts the more you buy!
Gunpowder is one of my favourite restaurants in London offering delicious Indian cuisine. They are working with The Dispatch to offer a meal for two with sides and dessert.
East London Girl: London Restaurant DIY Meal Kits
Click here for East London Restaurant Deliveries in Lockdown!