Modern European Restaurant in Fitzrovia
Percy & Founders is a Modern European restaurant in Fitzrovia with the trendy décor to match. With plenty of space and a focus on seasonal British cuisine, it is a great spot for date night, a post work meal or night out with friends.
We started with a Pom Spritz (£9.50): FAIR, pomegranate liqueur, orange, lemon bitters and soda and a Clover club (off menu!): gin, lemon juice, raspberry syrup, and an egg white. Both were a fresh start to the evening before our starters arrived!
To start we had the Crispy Squid with a chilli and lime dip (£9.50), which was a very generous portion. The squid was crispy and the dip set it off well. We also had the Monkfish and Atlantic salmon fish cakes with baby spinach, herb salad and citrus mayo (£11). These were amazing – crispy on the outside and fluffy and hot on the inside.
Our main dishes were:
- The Chef’s Cut to share which was 800g of the Côte de bœuf (market price). The meat was so flavoursome and cooked to medium rare perfection. Given the richness of the meat 800g between the three of us was plenty! It was also served with a choice of two sauces. We had the bearnaise and green peppercorn. The addition of roasted garlic absolutely made the dish!
- Galloway grass fed 225g Sirloin served a tender medium rare.
As sides we had the Truffle and Parmesan skin on fries and Kent winter greens: crispy kale and broccoli with chilli (both £4.5) . The fries were rather moreish with a generous helping of truffle and parmesan and the chilli gave the winter greens a spicy kick.
We paired the meat with a bottle of 2016 Rioja, Crianza, Biga de Luberri, Rioja (£40) and a glass of 2018 Vermentino, ‘La Cascade’, Château Fontainebleau, Provence (£6.5).
For dessert, we had:
- Bramley apple & blackberry crumble, vanilla ice cream (£7.5)
- Sticky toffee pudding & clotted cream ice cream (£7.5)
- Chocolate pecan brownie, maple & banana ice cream (£7.5)
- Blackberry and Cherry sorbet (£1.5 per scoop).
The crumble was packed full of fruit, the clotted cream ice cream with the sticky toffee pudding was so creamy and the blackberry sorbet was fresh and tart. A great selection of desserts.
Percy and Founders is an excellent Modern European Restaurant in Fitzrovia which well and truly exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. We would highly recommend for a thoroughly enjoyable meal in Fitzrovia.
East London Girl: Modern European Restaurant in Fitzrovia
Click Here for other restaurants in Central London