Restaurant in Borough Market
Arthur Hooper’s restaurant in Borough Market offers a range of smaller plates and sharing boards with an extensive wine list.
Ingredients from the menu are sourced from local suppliers including Androuet and Cannon & Cannon. It includes charcuterie, cheeses, meat, vegetables and fish! Most of them are small dishes but you can order a smaller selection as main dishes.
The Small Plates
We had the following dishes:
- Focaccia with Olive Oil which is so light and fluffy
- Burrata, Samphire and Almond Salad, which is an absolute must order
- Lamb Merquez which is one the most original options on the menu
This was followed by
- Lamb and Bulgar Meatballs, tomato sauce, yoghurt, which is very tasty
- Handmade Fettuccine with pork and fennel ragu which is another must order
- Beef Carpaccio, salsa verde, capezzana olive oil
- Harissa butter beans, charred tenderstem, ricotta, seeds.
The food was well presented and flavoursome and we particularly enjoyed the meatballs and the fettuccine.
We even managed to squeeze in a chocolate hazelnut pot with salted caramel biscuit. This dessert was smooth and rich and a great finish to the evening.
The interior is quirky using steel caged light fittings and decaying wooden stalls. It has a relaxed but sophisticated feel to it. There are a number of tables outside for the sunnier evenings!
Arthur Hooper’s bar and restaurant in Borough Market is perfect as a wine bar. There is also an excuse to try lots of different dishes. This is a lovely restaurant with accommodating and friendly staff.
East London Girl: Arthur Hoopers
Click Here for other restaurants in South London