Pub in Mile End
The Rusty Bike is a relaxed pub in Mile End with a spacious interior and a beer garden outside. It shows live sports regularly on a number of screens inside the pub.
To compliment the range of beers on offer, The Rusty Bike serves a Thai and Japanese menu (they are more known for their Thai). I was a little circumspect about Thai food served in a local pub but it did not disappoint. I ordered online and it arrived fresh, warm and in massive quantities.
Two of us shared the following dishes:
- Prawn crackers (they are Thai crackers rather than the typical Prawn crackers you get with a Chinese) £2.95
- Dim Sum: Steamed prawn and chicken dim sum served with dark vinegar sauce £5.95
- Prawn on Toast: Deep-fried Marinated minced prawn & chicken on toast served with sweet chilli sauce £5.95
- Duck Curry: Slices roast duck cooked in coconut milk with pineapple, cherry tomatoes, red peppers & Thai basil leaves £9.95
- Pad Thai (Beef): Stir-fried rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, spring onions in house sauce. (Lime and Peanut on the side). £8.95
The mixture of prawn and chicken with the Dim Sum and Prawn on Toast worked well together and made for a filling starter. The Pad Thai portion was seriously huge and, with a few added chilli flakes, tasted great.
I haven’t tried it but their Japanese menu includes classics such as Chicknn Katsu Curry, Sashimi and Sushi Rolls.
If you are looking for a decent pub in Mile End, The Rusty Bike is a winner.
East London Girl: Pub in Mile End
Click Here for other pubs in East London