Covent Garden Cocktail Bar
Covent Garden Cocktail Bar, Lockes, opened its doors in September 2019. It is the venture of ex Be At One owner, Steve Locke (hence the name), so is in extremely capable hands.
Lockes prides itself on making customers feel at home and that’s down to the staff. When we walked in, Steve (who I didn’t realise was the owner at the time) welcomed us and I thought that was such a nice touch! Mixologist, Josh, is both talented and friendly and all of the other bar / floor staff were very smiley. The staff all feature on Lockes’ instagram page too!
On Thursday evenings Lockes has live music from 7.30pm. The band when we visited was awesome!
The menu is concise split into signature, classic and non alcoholic cocktails. We had the following cocktails:
- Strawberry and Pear Gimlet: Masons Peppered Pear Gin, Grey Goose La Poire, Strawberry Cordial (signature)
- Margarita: Ocho Blanco Tequilla, Dry Curaco, Lime (classic)
- Negroni: Star of Bombay Gin, Vermouth Blend, Bitters (classic)
- Clementine Spritz: Tanqueray Sevilla Gin, Clementine, Grapefruit Santome Prosecco (signature)
- Gin Toddy: Masons Yorkshire Tea Gin, Cascara vermouth Apple, Cinnamon, Orange Blossom (signature)
- Vieux Carre: Rittenhouse Rye, H by Hine Cognac Aperitif Blend, Bitters (classic)
The majority of the cocktails are priced between £11-12 with non alcoholic options priced at £5. The Negroni was one of the best I have had – Lockes use Martini Bitters instead of Campari which made it slightly softer. We also loved the sweet Strawberry & Pear Gimlet and the warming Gin Toddy. A great selection to choose from!
Lockes offered small plates and sharing boards which are great for groups;
- Lockes Sharing Board: Selection of fresh cut meats & Neal’s Yard cheeses served with fresh baked bread £19
- Crudtes Hummus | Baba ghanoush | Pepper Hummus All our dips are made in house served with fresh cut vegetables £9
- Bruschetta (tomato)
This Covent Garden Cocktail Bar was great fun, particularly with the live music. The cocktails were fantastic and the staff were super friendly. Great for after work drinks, meeting friends or a cheeky date night!
East London Girl: Covent Garden Cocktail Bar
Click Here for other bars in Central London